Sponsors Manual – Download – Save to Desktop
Welcome to the Sponsors Manual. Here you will find tons of helpful info to prepare your students and yourself for a week of spiritual transformation.
Let’s trust God together for the outpouring of His presence upon each student that comes to St. Louis. As a leader at LIFE 2013, God wants to use you in a powerful way to make this a reality. You play a huge role in the success of this event. Think of yourself as a spiritual shepherd to your group, not just a chaperone.
We are available to assist you in your ministry to teens at LIFE 2013. Our desire is to serve you.
Blessings on you and your youth group!
Fundraiser Ideas to Attend LIFE 2013
LIFE 2013 will be held in St. Louis, MO July 9-13, 2013. Arrival will be July 9th and departure will be on Sunday July 14th. The conference will be held at the America’s Center.
Early bird opens on August 1, 2012 – $395.00
After September 30, 2012 – $415.00
A 30% deposit of the registration cost is required per person registered which is non-refundable but can be transferred to another student. We know that some students will have situations in their lives that will make it impossible to attend after they’ve registered. If you have such a student please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss the situation.
Main stage ministries
Community Service Ministry
2 Meals per day (Does not include breakfast)
Event shuttles, if needed
LIFE 2013 is intended for high school students, therefore the age limitation is entering 9th grade through recent High School graduate (2013).
LIFE 2013 is offering a new track for Young Adults called ENvision Culture which is a separate track from the regular LIFE 2013 program.
Check the On Stage section to see which speakers will be at LIFE 2013. We are still putting the speaker list together and will post it as contracts are signed.
Check the On Stage section to see which bands will be at LIFE 2013. We are still putting the band list together and will post it as contracts are signed.
Check back later, we are still putting the finishing touches on a brand new schedule for LIFE 2013.
A new LIFE 2013 Promotional DVD has be sent to all C&MA churches. More materials will be sent to churches leading up to LIFE 2013. Watch your mailbox for exciting updates!
Online registration opens August 1, 2012.
- A 30% deposit of the registration cost per person is due when you register.
- Final payment is due when registration closes on June 15, 2013.
- After August 1, 2012 if you have any questions please call the registration office at 877-284-3262, press option 5 or send an email the events office at email@example.com.
- After August 1, 2012 if you need hotel accommodation information, please call Edna Mapstone at 717-747-3217 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, you will not be able to receive a refund if you do not attend LIFE 2013. However, the group leader may transfer the deposit from one student to another within their group.
One (1) leader to seven (7) students is the recommended leader to student ratio, however since we do not recommend cross-gender (adult to student) sponsors your ratio may need to be adjusted.
If this causes any issues with your group please contact us and we will help in any way possible.
No, there are no scholarships available for LIFE 2013. The best thing to do is talk with your local church to see if it might offer scholarship opportunities.
Persons over the age of 23 may register as a worker. Workers pay $250 which covers the cost of food. You will cover your travel and lodging. Workers will be assigned various jobs throughout the week.
We are offering a new track called Envision Culture for Young Adults. Envision Culture will have separate seminars and training in the morning, enjoy lunch and then be assigned a ministry to help at LIFE 2013. The cost of this track is $395 plus travel. Your lodging will be covered by LIFE 2013. You will be assigned to room with 3 others to keep the cost of the room to a minimum.
Once you register your group, you will receive confirmation with a housing link and you will then be able to make your hotel reservations. The hotels range from $110 to $150 per room, per night. If you put four people in a room and you occupy the room five nights (Tuesday night to Saturday night), the estimated housing cost is $137.50 to $187.50 per person.
Can we find our own housing? No, our desire is to have everyone onsite for the conference. If you book your own accommodations, there is a penalty fee, plus you will need to provide transportation to your hotel and parking at the convention center. There are more benefits to staying onsite.
To get assistance in making your travel plans to LIFE 2013, please contact our preferred travel agent at MTS Travel and she will be happy to assist you.
(717) 721-7306 – Direct Line
(800) 233-0157 Ext. 81306 – Toll Free
Airport Transportation –
You will be able to use the train to the downtown hotels. We will be posting what hotels are served by the train system, schedules and cost at a later date.
Hotel Shuttle –
Since the hotels are within a 20 minute walk of the America’s Center we are not providing shuttles except for those needing a ride due to a physical issue. When you register you will need to let us know if someone in your group would need this service.
Another option for shuttle service is Go Best Express. One-way rate is $17 per person and round trip is $32 per person. A fuel surcharge of $1 per person is currently in effect. If you would like to make reservations please go to Go Best.
No, instead we are assigning each student one afternoon during LIFE 2013 to work on a community project. This cost is covered in your registration! Most of the tourist attractions are in walking distance such as the Arch.
- Networking is in! Stay at one of our LIFE 2013 hotels so your students can make more friends!
- Customer service at its best! You have a housing problem, we solve it for you!
- Exercise! Many of our hotels are within 20 minutes walking time from the America’s Center. So, park at the hotel and walk to the America’s Center.
- Parking is $15-20 per day around the America’s Center.
- Sleep! Great security in our hotels! You’ll get more rest!
- Supports future LIFE events by helping us meet our room usage minimums. We pay for rooms we don’t use.
- One-stop shopping. No need to search hundreds of websites for rooms.
- Save money! We are offering the best and closest hotels to the America’s Center at the lowest possible rates. You will not be able to find a hotel with lower rates then we are offering.
- All meals except breakfast will be served at the America’s Center. As you walk from your hotel you will find cheap places to eat a good breakfast along the way. If you stay outside the city you will have to fight the inbound traffic and still find a place to eat breakfast. Staying in our conference hotels, you don’t have to get out of bed early to find a place to eat breakfast, drive into the city and find a place to park!
- There is a $25 per student penalty fee for those not using our room block.
Yes. The individual donor should make the contribution to the attendee’s church to receive a tax-deductible receipt issued by the church. The National Office does not issue receipts to individuals attending LIFE 2013.
The National Office has taken the position for a number of LIFE’s that LIFE is an approved ministry event of The Alliance. As such, donations to cover the cost for students, sponsors, workers, and interns to attend are tax-deductible. Churches can either have one central fund in which they collect funds for LIFE and allocate them out to attendees based on the amount that is received OR they may set up separate accounts for each attendee so that the attendee knows how much he/she will need to cover personally (on a tax-deductible basis) that has not been raised by contributions. So contributions may be designated for a particular attendee for LIFE, and be tax-deductible to the donor, even if that donor is a parent of a student, or an attendee themselves. The only caveat is that the church must exercise control over these funds to insure that they are used for exempt ministry purposes. These exempt ministry purposes would include the LIFE registration fee which includes all meals except breakfast as well as travel costs for the attendee (transportation to LIFE, meals while traveling to and from LIFE), and lodging. They do NOT include any personal expenses the attendee may incur, including any recreational or other personal expenses.
Arrive on Tuesday by 2 pm.
Registration opens at 1 pm.
Hotel check-in 3 pm.
Check out the Explore St. Louis Website. Let this site be your guide to the best restaurants, shopping, entertainment and attractions the Gateway City has to offer during your stay.